543: Alkaline Food and Drink – Stay Healthy
This could be the most important article you ever read in your life. Over time we think you will come to appreciate the unique insights in this Special Report. It’s based on our own scientific research into a cross section of health and social criteria that we believe come together to create a healthy body – both mentally and physically. It’s a compilation of all the learnings – and also experiences. We will try and make it succinct – we are not trying to sell a book and don’t want to bore you. Just give you the key insights so you can work on this yourself.
Acid = Cancer = Heart Decease: Firstly – we believe there is a direct correlation between acidic food and drink, and cancer and heart decease. The more acidic food and drink you consumer, the higher your chances of getting cancer, heart decease, diabetes and dementia. Acid food and drink furs up arteries, and provides nutrients for cancer forming cells. There is a strong link between acid foods and sugar, or refined sugar. The more processed foods with refined sugar you eat, the more acidic your diet will be. At the end of this Special Report is an appendix of acidic foods to avoid and alkaline foods that are recommended.
Acidic foods and alkaline foods are not the same. They affect the body's metabolism differently, and may not be suitable for certain individuals with delicate immune systems. This is especially true for acidic foods. Acidic foods are said to add to a host of health problems, and may be bad in the long term for people. Alkaline foods are said to prevent disease, and generally have higher antioxidant properties.
The normal pH of blood, is 7.4. Neutral is pH 7.0. Hence this is slightly alkaline. This is an environment where the blood is most healthy and able to fend of cancer and other decease. If a person eats too much acidic sugary foods, then the whole body shifts into an acidic toxic environment which is ideal for the fast growth of mutating cancerous cells. The trick is to stay well into the alkaline body environment by:
• Eating neutral or alkaline food (avoid highly acidic foods)
• Drink alkaline water (avoid drinking acidic water and fluids)
With regard to alkaline water, this is a key part of a healthy diet. We have done quite a lot of research based on US and UK regions, and have found overwhelming evidence to suggest that drink “hard” alkaline (or mineral) water with pH of >7.5 is an absolute must – and will dramatically reduce the risk of getting cancer of all types and also heart and circulatory deceases. The best water in the UK is in the Midland and particularly in SE England and London – these areas have the hardest water. Regions far north and west – likely Scotland, Wales and Cornwall have very soft water which is very acidic and in our view unhealthy.
These are also broadly correlate with the regions with the highest incidence of cancer and coronary heart decease. In soft water regions, our advice is drink bottled mineral water with pH of 7.7 or more. If you live in a hard water area, make sure you do not filter water – which probably takes out the minerals and reduces the pH and hardness. You ideally need to drink hard water with pH of at least 7.5. If you do still want to drink soft water, the best idea is to make a jug of water, put a slices lemon in it, put it in the fridge and drink this lemon water. The reason is – over a period of a few hours, this water “ionizes” and in your body will create a similar response to drinking alkaline water. The other option is to put a small teaspoon full of bi-carbonate of soda into a litre of water.
The only caveat to drinking lots of alkaline water is – it is best to drink lots of water between meals and not immediately before, during or just after a meal. The reason for this is that the stomach contains acid and these acids break down the food in your stomach – bringing out the nutrients. So its best to drink loads of alkaline water about an hour after you have eaten, then stop half an hour before you start eating. You will probably notice how well you feel – because you will be fully hydrated with good alkaline water during meals – and be getting the full benefit of the alkaline food from your meals by not drink during your meal.
With regard to alcohol, of course this is acidic – alcohol is acid – so when you drink beer, wine and spirits, just remember you are feeding your body refined sugar and this will not help your health. Beer also has yeast, is fermented and will bloat you. The only caveat is probably red wine, which although it is acidic, if drunk during a meal (like the French do) it probably helps initial acid digestion and red grapes have many good minerals. Red wine might actually help your health marginally in small quantities.
So what about “fat”. Over the last 20 years, possibly the worst advice the governments and health institutions around the world have been giving is to avoid all fats. What this has done – is encouraged food manufacturers to replace fats with refined sugar and thereby increasing the acidity of foot and feeding sugar that is directly converted in the body to fat.
Most natural fats (un-processed) like beef and pork fat are actually good for you. They will prevent heart decease rather than cause it. Lashings of olive oil is good for you. Lashings of sunflower oil is good for you. There is nothing wrong with cream. All these foods are far better than eating refined sugar (e.g. sweat, sweetener, crisps, chips, frizzy drinks etc). the while food fat scare stories have been way overdone in our view. The human body also need a variety of fats as part of a healthy diet – fat particularly help the brain neurological functions. The best fat of all is “coconut oil” – which is a medium chain fatty acid, thought to be effective at slowing Parkinsons Decease, Cockayne Syndrome, Alzheimer’s Decease and general aging of the brain, neurological system and body. One table spoon of coconut oil a day is definitely recommended. It can also sterilize your mouth and clean you teeth – many people swill their mouth with coconut oil – something called “oil pulling” – an ancient Ayurvedic remedy for oral health and detoxification.
Wheat and Bread is Bad: Wheat and many grains are acidic – also bread, particularly white bread. So many people eat so much bread and they wander why they feel lethargic, put on weight and feel unhealthy. Let’s make this very simple – wheat is a relatively “new technology” that the Romans invented. Our body is not used to it. Yeast and bread are toxic and acidic. Its best to avoid eating bread – which is simple a low cost “filler” – cheap and lacking in nutrients. Okay, if you have not money and are desperate for calories, yes, it will be better than nothing, but for people who can afford to look after themselves, we advise against eating bread. Bread bloats you – you can feel the body swelling up almost immediately after eating it. This is a bodily reaction to something toxic. If you cut out bread, you will probably find you lose a lot of weight rapidly. The other benefits of losing some weight is that human fat – which is “fat stored” – is acidic and is the ideal nutrient for cancerous forming bodies. The fatter you get, then more likely you are to get cancer and the more acidic your body will generally be. Wheat bread is far worse than wholegrain brown bread because it is made from the inner core of the wheat grain only - which is less nutritious - and they use bleach in the baking process to make it whiter - which tends to destroy any remaining nutrients.
Muscle Mass is Key: Now most people have to work hard to keep their weight down – keep the fat down. The next bit of this special report is also critical to your healthy being. The only sure way to lose weight is to build muscle. Yes – we will repeat this. The only sure way to lose weight is to build muscle. That is why people that exercise a lot lose weight – its not the actually “burning of the calories” when they exercise that does it. It is the building of the muscle mass – which then burns the calories when the person is at rest or sleeping. If you build 20% more muscle, you will be able to eat 20% more without putting any weight on – because the muscle burns the calories. You can go on a “diet” – nothing particularly wrong with this – but it will be a waste of time if the underlying cause of the weight gain is small muscle mass. f you want to lose weight and flab, the best way to do this is to build muscle mass.
Key Your Muscles: Why do you think the older you get the more difficult it is to keep your weight down? It’s because as you get older, your muscle mass reduces and hence the weight and flab piles on. The trick is to simply maintain as best possible the amount of muscle on your body as you get older. We don’t claim this is easy. As you get older, at least if you try and keep your muscles toned up and as large as possible, then as you get older, eat progressively slightly less, you will probably contain any weight gain. If you want to keep eating huge meals, you will have to build more muscle. The added benefit is you will be stronger and more robust when you get older - and it will help you live longer.
Recent studies have also identified that one of the reasons why people feel so good after exercise is not just because of endorphins, but also because muscles are a vital organ-tissue that processes toxic material and emits chemicals that make the exerciser feel good. The action of using or flexing the muscle switches toxins into chemicals that are good for your mental health and wellbeing.
So how do you build muscle. It’s quite simple – you walk, jog, run or cycle to build your thigh, calf and buttock muscles. These are your bodies biggest muscles. It also helps to and use a dumb bell weights to keep your arm, back and stomach muscles nicely toned up and prevent muscle mass degradation over time. For all round exercise, swimming, gardening, hiking, building and other activities can all help retain muscle mass.
So you see, muscles will reduce the fat deposits on your body, then this will directly make your body overall less acidic, more balanced and healthy – and reduce you change of getting cancer, heart decease and diabetes.
Sugar is one of the most acidic foods - particularly processed sugar. It should be avoided as much as possible. Cancer thrives in high sugar environments - it feeds of sugar and the sugar will make any cancer "take" then "grow fat". Coca Cola is highly acidic because it contains so much sugar syrup and is carbonated (carbonic acid). Soft drinks should be avoided. Beer as well.
So in summary, what you need to do is:
• Eat alkaline food
• Drink alkaline beverages
• Build muscle mass
You then cut down drastically eating and drinking acid foods whilst building muscle your chances of getting cancer, coronary-heart decease, dementia and diabetes etc will be dramatically reduced.
Acidic Foods - food to avoid
Acidic foods are foods with a low PH level, and high acidic base. Acidic foods cause more acid to form in the stomach, because they are harder to digest than low acidic foods. Examples of high acidic foods include meats, cheeses, dairy products, certain types of fish, and smoked foods. Here is a complete list of acidifying foods.
• ACIDIFYING VEGETABLES Corn, Lentils, Olives, and Winter Squash.
• ACIDIFYING FRUITS Blueberries, Canned or Glazed Fruits, Cranberries, Currants, Plums, and Prunes.
• ACIDIFYING GRAINS, GRAIN PRODUCTS Amaranth, Barley, Bran, oat, Bran, wheat, Bread, Corn, Cornstarch, Crackers, soda, Flour, wheat, Flour, white, Hemp Seed Flour, Kamut, Macaroni, Noodles, Oatmeal, Oats (rolled), Quinoa, Rice (all), Rice Cakes, Rye, Spaghetti, Spelt, Wheat Germ, and Wheat.
• ACIDIFYING BEANS & LEGUMES Almond Milk, Black Beans, Chick Peas, Green Peas, Kidney Beans, Lentils, Pinto Beans, Red Beans, Rice Milk, Soy Beans, Soy Milk, and White Beans.
• ACIDIFYING DAIRY Butter, Cheese, Cheese, Processed, Ice Cream, and Ice Milk.
• ACIDIFYING NUTS & BUTTERS Cashews, Legumes, Peanut Butter, Peanuts, Pecans, Tahini, and Walnuts.
• ACIDIFYING ANIMAL PROTEIN Bacon, Beef, Carp, Clams, Cod, Corned Beef, Fish, Haddock, Lamb, Lobster, Mussels, Organ Meats, Oyster, Pike, Pork, Rabbit, Salmon, Sardines, Sausage, Scallops, Shellfish, Shrimp, Tuna, Turkey, Veal, and Venison.
• ACIDIFYING FATS & OILS Avacado Oil, Butter, Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Flax Oil, Hemp Seed Oil, Lard, Olive Oil, Safflower Oil, Sesame Oil, and Sunflower Oil.
• ACIDIFYING SWEETENERS Carob, Corn Syrup, and Sugar.
• ACIDIFYING ALCOHOL Beer, Hard Liquor, Spirits, and Wine.
• ACIDIFYING OTHER FOODS Catsup, Cocoa , Coffee, Mustard, Pepper, Soft Drinks, and Vinegar.
• ACIDIFYING DRUGS & CHEMICALS Aspirin, Chemicals, Drugs, Medicinal, Drugs, Psychedelic, Herbicides, Pesticides and Tobacco.
• ACIDIFYING JUNK FOOD Beer: pH 2.5, Coca-Cola: pH 2, and Coffee: pH 4.
Alkaline Foods - food that is beneficial to eat
Alkaline foods are low acid forming with a high PH level, and sometimes help control digestion, which eliminates excess acid in the stomach contributing to acidity.
• ALKALINE FOODS are Alfalfa, Barley Grass, Beet Greens, Beets, Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrot Cauliflower, Celery, Chard Greens, Chlorella, Collard Greens, Cucumber, Dandelions, Dulce, Edible Flowers, Eggplant, Fermented Veggies, Garlic, Green Beans, Green Peas, Kale, Kohlrabi, Lettuce, Mushrooms, Mustard Greens, Nightshade Veggies, Onions, Parsnips (high glycemic), Peas, Peppers, Pumpkin, Radishes, Rutabaga, Sea Veggies, Spinach, green, Spirulina, Sprouts, Sweet Potatoes, Tomatoes, Watercress, Wheat Grass, and Wild Greens.
• ALKALIZING ORIENTAL VEGETABLES Daikon, Dandelion Root, Kombu, Maitake, Nori, Reishi, Shitake, Umeboshi, and Wakame.
• ALKALIZING FRUITS Apple, Apricot, Avocado, Banana (high glycemic), Berries, Blackberries, Cantaloupe, Cherries, sour, Currants, Dates, dried, Figs, dried Grapes, Grapefruit, Lemon, Lime, Muskmelons, Nectarine, Orange, Peach
Pear, Pineapple, Raisins, Raspberries, Rhubarb, Strawberries, Tangerine
Tomato, Tropical Fruits, Umeboshi Plums, and Watermelon.
• ALKALIZING PROTEIN Almonds, Chestnuts, Millet, Tempeh (fermented), Tofu (fermented), Whey and Protein Powder.
• ALKALIZING SWEETENERS The natural sweetner Stevia.
• ALKALIZING SPICES & SEASONINGS Chili Pepper, Cinnamon, Curry, Ginger All Herbs, Miso, Mustard, Sea Salt, and Tamari.
• ALKALIZING Healthy Foods. Alkaline Antioxidant Water, Apple Cider Vinegar, Bee Pollen, Fresh Fruit Juice, Green Juices, Lecithin Granules, Mineral Water, Molasses, blackstrap, Probiotic Cultures, Soured Dairy Products, and Veggie Juices.
• ALKALIZING MINERALS Calcium: pH 12, Cesium: pH 14, Magnesium: pH 9, Potassium: pH 14, and Sodium: pH 14.